Executive Director – The Maker’s Place – Trenton, NJ
The Maker’s Place is a community development initiative of the United Methodist Church of Greater New Jersey (GNJ), launched in July 2018. The mission of TMP, a registered non-profit organization, is to connect neighbors with neighbors, so that families living in poverty in the city of Trenton NJ can be makers of better lives and communities. TMP operates a diaper bank in Trenton NJ that serves over 1,500+ families a year. TMP long term vision includes growing its diaper bank into a faith-based Family Resource Center that lives out the principles of radical hospitality, unconditional love, and asset-based development.
The Executive Director provides executive and strategic leadership for the overall operations of TMP. The Director leads TMP’s diaper bank and coordinate/provides other direct services and programs to individuals and families in Trenton, NJ, using the principles of community organizing and asset-based community development.
- Provide executive leadership that defines, through strategic planning, the vision and direction of TMP, recommending to the board of directors timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Develop, oversee, and evaluate all the TMP programs and initiatives in pursuit of missional and programmatic excellence
- Create, oversee, and ensure compliance with TMP policies and best practices including but not limited to Safe Sanctuaries policy, legal compliance, and other organizational requirements
- Supervise paid and volunteer staff, including recruiting, equipping, and overseeing, to carry out the mission of TMP and the goals and objectives of its programs and initiatives.
- Lead stewardship efforts by maximizing the generous investment of donors, maintaining, and expanding donor relationships, providing compelling calls to action with respect to fundraising, and identifying and capturing new sources of revenue through grant-writing and other partnerships
- Create, oversee, and evaluate a comprehensive communication strategy to ensure TMP different constituencies and the community connect and engage with TMP mission, vision, programs, and initiatives
- Coordinate and attend TMP board of directors meetings in consultation with board chair