Pastor – Servant’s Community Church – Grand Rapids, MI
Lead Pastor Job Description
Servant’s Community Church is a small, urban RCA church located on the west side of Grand Rapids, MI. We envision a community of transformation, loving God, and loving our neighbor. We are seeking a full-time pastor to join our faith community as we engage in life with one another and our neighbors.
The next Lead Pastor of Servants needs to be a visionary leader and outreach influencer, who can bring cultural transformation to a long-established and multi-generational congregation. The position requires a proven leader who possesses a pastor’s heart, a sense of awe and amazement at the Gospel, has a genuine passion for lost souls, and who longs to see the Great Commission carried out through the Body of Christ. This person needs to be an effective communicator, and a team leader who can empower, equip, and mobilize congregants to do the work of the ministry. Lead Servants Community Church as an open and affirming establishment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Preaching and Worship
· Preach the Word of God at congregational services of worship
· Assist the Worship Ministry Team and the Director of Worship & Music in planning dynamic, meaningful, and culturally relevant experiences of worship
· Invite people into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through the preaching and teaching of Holy Scripture, and walking in partnership with the Holy Spirit
Outreach and Community Engagement
· Work with and guide the Director of Outreach and Discipleship to engage the community of the west side of Grand Rapids, Michigan.
· Function as the church’s principal vision caster, thinking strategically and innovatively, and leading entrepreneurially toward the vision
· Assist with the planning, coordination, and delivery of special teaching opportunities open to the entire community as a part of our Community Engagement vision
Leadership and Administration
· Continually assess the health and effectiveness of the church’s ministries, and their alignment to and obedience with God’s revealed will
· Participate in, and help the Consistory set and review ministry goals and objectives
· Conduct the leadership development and training of church leaders
· Perform administrative roles as required by the Consistory and Grand Rapids Classis (RCA)
· Provide principal leadership and oversight of the church’s ministry staff
· Be available for pastoral care and counseling issues that arise
· Other job duties as identified and negotiated.
· A personal relationship with and love for Jesus Christ, and a passion to serve Him
· Ordained in the ministry of the Reformed Church in America or in such denominations as are approved by Grand Rapids (RCA)
· A sincere love and compassion for all people, both saved, and unsaved
· Strong leadership skills, including the ability to cast vision for the church and for the advancement of the kingdom of God
· Willing to develop professional and personal skills for greater ministry effectiveness
· Build relationships through involvement in congregational and community activities
· Function as the church’s Minister Delegate at meetings of Grand Rapids Classis (RCA)
· The lead pastor will be accountable to the Consistory through monthly meetings
· Full time (32-40 hrs per week as negotiated)
· Salary and vacation dependent on experience and RCA pay standards for 2022.