Gardner A. Sage Library Catalog
|Log into your Library account|
Welcome to the Library
Welcome to the Gardner A. Sage Library of New Brunswick Theological Seminary. Often referred to as the “jewel of the campus,” the Sage Library is the physical and digital hub for theological research in the New Brunswick area.
Accessing Reference Materials, Checking Out, & Returning Books
Our book drops will be reopened for returns starting immediately. Please feel free to drop your books inside the book drop. The book drop is located at the front of the building facing Seminary Place (the historic entrance to the building). Please note, if you are unable to return your books at this time, your book checkout time will be extended until the end of the Fall semester.
Requesting Mail Out Services
We offer mail-out service to current NBTS students, faculty, and staff who live a distance or feel unwell. Simply complete the Mail Out Request Form and indicate that you need the item(s) mailed to you. Books will be mailed to your address and checked out until the end of the current semester. Email Sage.Library@nbts.edu with any questions or if you need additional assistance.
Requests are typically processed within one to two business days.
Scan & Send Electronic Document Delivery Service
Sage Library is happy to announce the start of an internal document delivery service called Scan & Send for current NBTS students, faculty, and staff. The purpose of this service is to provide electronically delivered scans of small portions of Sage’s general collections for private study, research, teaching, or scholarship. Any other use may require the permission of the copyright owner.
A small portion of the work: a) sometimes a small portion may constitute a chapter or article and b) Tables of Contents, endnotes, and related supplementary content (endnotes, tables, etc.) will routinely be included.
It is the responsibility of the requesting patron to comply with all applicable Copyright laws and Fair Use guidelines. Please consult the Polices section of Sage Library’s website for further information about Copyright and Fair Use.
Terms of Service:
- Limitations on Scan & Send service are related to the capacity of available staff resources.
- Library staff reserve the right to process one request per person per day, depending on staffing and overall request volume.
- Citations must be for items available in the eligible print collections: LC Stacks, Pettee Stacks, Periodicals, Course Reserves, and Reference.
- Requests encompassing entire works will be cancelled, regardless of length.
- Requests for unavailable, ineligible, missing, fragile, or tightly bound items may be forwarded to Interlibrary Loan (ILL) on your behalf.
- If requests are otherwise not in the spirit of Terms of Service, library staff will contact you by email to resolve.
Turnaround service time for Scan & Send is 3 days (excluding holidays).
To place requests using the Scan & Send Service go to the “Quick Links” section and use the Scan & Send Request Form
Virtual Reference @ Sage Library
We are here to help! Reference services are all available remotely. Have a question or need to find a book? Use our remote reference service. Some of the services include:
- Reference questions by Zoom or phone by appointment
- Citation assistance
- Help gaining access to journals, books, and databases
- Renewing and checking out materials
- Obtaining your library card. Click here to fill out the online Sage library card application form.
To schedule an appointment please contact us at Sage.Library@nbts.edu
Reference appointments are available upon request. Email responses are typically returned within 24 hours, excluding weekends, holidays, and special events.
New resources available for NBTS students & faculty on this website
We have added a number of really helpful resources for your studies:
1) a list of online journals available from EBSCO and JSTOR,
2) a list of Open Access Journals,
3) a list of Open Access e-Books.
All of this is in addition to the excellent online databases of journals, books, and other texts that you can search and use anywhere online. If you would like to make a request for a specific ebook, please send your request to Sage.Library@nbts.edu.
• Be sure to have a look at our other resources for your studies.
Ask Us a Question
Fill in the form below to ask a librarian a question.
Get full directions on how to visit Sage Library
Meet the excellent staff of the Sage Library!
Sage Library serves the faculty, students, and staff of New Brunswick Theological Seminary.
Read about Sage Library’s history & collections.
Sage Library Card Application Form
Apply for your Sage Library Card
We have an extensive list of online resources and research guides.
Search our Online Catalog Search the Catalog Advanced Search Log into your Library account
Theological Writing Center
Resources and assistance for seminarians to improve their writing skills for the classroom and beyond.
Virtual Book Displays
Access any of our book displays from off-campus.
Hours Subject to Change, Please Call Ahead
Interlibrary Loan Form
Use this form to request an Interlibrary loan.