Address & Directions
New Brunswick Theological Seminary – Addresses
35 Seminary Place
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1196
732.247.5241 fax 732.249.5412
St. John’s Hall Room B36
8000 Utopia Pkwy
Queens, NY 11439
718.990.6000 fax 718.990.5932
Directions to our New Brunswick, NJ Campus
Accessible by Car, Bus, or NJ Transit Trains
Our New Brunswick, NJ Campus is located at the corner of Seminary Place and College Avenue. The parking lot entrance is on Bishop Place, behind the Seminary buildings.
Address of the Main Building: 35 Seminary Place, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Address of the parking lot for GPS: 16 Bishop Pl, New Brunswick, NJ 08901; or use coordinates: 40.502272, -74.449401
Map to our NJ Campus:
By Public Transportation
New Jersey Transit’s Northeast Corridor Line runs to the New Brunswick Train Station. Proceed two blocks North on George Street. Turn left on Seminary Place. The seminary campus will be on your right, near the intersection with College Avenue.
- New Jersey Transit’s Norrtheast Corridor Line provides New Brunswick with both local and express service between Penn Station in New York and Newark and Trenton, New Jersey. For more information, call 973.762.5100 or click here.).
- SEPTA (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority) provides service at Trenton to and from Philadelphia. (For Information 215.580.7800).
- Amtrak provides limited direct service to New Brunswick, however connections can easily be made via New Jersey Transit trains to principal Amtrak stations at MetroPark, New York and Trenton. For more information, please visit www.amtrak.com or call (800) USA-RAIL.
New Jersey Transit Bus Routes (For more information, call NJ Transit at 973.762.5100):
- M11 – Service between New Brunswick (St. Peter’s Hospital) and South River (Main Street and Obert Street). This route also has a stop at the New Brunswick Train Station.
- M14 – Service between North Brunswick (Fashion Plaza Mall) and Edison (Middlesex County College) with a stop at the Rutgers Student Center on the College Avenue Campus.
- M15/M18 – Service between Woodbridge Center and Rutgers Student Center with stops at the Rutgers Student Center on the College Avenue Campus, downtown New Brunswick on George Street near the Civic Square Building.
Directions to our Queens, New York Site
Directions by automobile
From Long Island
Northern State Parkway onto Grand Central Parkway, exit at 188th Street. Left at light and sharp right on to service road; continue to campus; or exit at 168th Street, right turn onto service road and continue to campus. Southern State Parkway to Cross Island Parkway (North) onto Grand Central Parkway (West); proceed as above. Long Island Expressway, exit at Utopia Parkway (exit 25), left on Utopia to Union Turnpike.
From the Bronx
Throgs Neck Bridge to the Clearview Expressway, exit at Union Turnpike and make a right, follow to Utopia Parkway and make a left, then a right onto campus; or Triboro Bridge to Grand Central Parkway. Exit at Utopia Parkway, turn left at light and left onto campus.
From Westchester, Rockland and Connecticut Proceed as from the Bronx.
Either Belt Parkway (East) to Van Wyck Expressway (678 N), exit at Main Street/Union Turnpike. Proceed to the third traffic light; make a right onto Grand Central Parkway service road to Utopia Parkway, left to campus OR Jackie Robinson Parkway (East) to Grand Central Parkway (East), exit at Utopia Parkway, left to campus.
Queens Midtown Tunnel to the Long Island Expressway, exit at Utopia Parkway. Stay on service road to Utopia Parkway and turn right. Follow Utopia Parkway to Union Turnpike. Campus on right.
From New Jersey
George Washington Bridge onto Cross Bronx Expressway to Throgs Neck Bridge to Clearview Expressway (South). Proceed as from the Bronx. Verrazano-Narrows Bridge to Belt Parkway to Van Wyck Expressway. Proceed as from Brooklyn.
Specific Directions to Enter the Campus:
Use Gate #1 (Main Entrance) from Utopia Parkway to enter the campus. At the Security Booth, tell the officer that you are there for classes at New Brunswick Seminary in St. John’s Hall. The officer will issue a visitor’s parking permit for use in the parking lot to the left. St. John’s Hall is the large stone building to the right. Approach the building toward the right. You will see stairs. Take the stairs down one flight. At the end of the walkway to the left are double doors to enter the building. Go through the double doors and straight ahead to the second set of doors. The NBTS office is on the right, Room B36.
Directions By Public Transportation
Take train to Kew Gardens/Union Turnpike station.
Take Q-46 bus to Union Turnpike and Utopia Parkway.
Take train to 169th Street station.
Take Q-30 or Q-31 bus to St. John’s University main gate on Utopia Parkway and 82nd Avenue.
Take train to Main Street, Flushing.
Take Q-17 bus to Utopia Parkway and the Long Island Expressway.
Transfer to the Q-30 or Q-31 bus to St. John’s University main gate on Utopia Parkway and 82nd Avenue.
Long Island Railroad (L.I.R.R.)
Take L.I.R.R. to Jamaica Station.
Take the Q-30 bus to St. John’s University main gate on Utopia Parkway and 82nd Avenue.